Generally, we’ll charge between $150 and $200+GST for the first 20 tags. Depending on how many additional tags you need, we’ll charge on a per tag basis on a sliding scale that starts at $6+GST and scales down to $3.25+GST per tag. On occasion, we’ll charge a parking or travel fee that will first be approved by you.
Just get in touch and we’ll give you an official quote!
You can elect to pay be direct transfer or credit card in advance. Alternatively, you can tap and pay on the day. We use the highly secure Square payment gateway
All SydTag technicians have
- completed the required external training course
- a working with children check
- a police check
- white card
- public liability insurance
Our franchises and their technicians work primarily throughout Greater Sydney and the Central Coast.
We have test and tag operations in Bankstown, Bondi, Botany, Castle Hill, the Central Coast, Manly, Parramatta and Sydney CBD.
However, we are part of a broader network of technicians and can help you with jobs across Australia.
This depends on a few factors:
Tradespeople usually need to perform testing and tagging on their equipment every 3 months.
When determining the appropriate intervals for testing and tagging electrical appliances, the key factor to consider is the specific environment in which the appliance is situated.
It is crucial to note that the AS/NZS 3760 standard (Table 4 below) should be considered as the minimum requirement. Many workplaces may have different frequencies for test and tag procedures based on their individual risk management and occupational health and safety plans. Additionally, certain industries might specify particular Test and Tag Colours that need to be used.
For the most common environments, we recommend the following testing frequencies:
- Every 3 months: applicable to building, construction, and demolition environments.
- Every 6 months: suitable for factories, warehouses, and production settings.
- Every 12 months: appropriate for environments where the equipment or supply cord is subject to frequent bending or potential misuse.
- Every 5 years: recommended for environments where the equipment or supply cord is not susceptible to frequent bending or potential misuse.
SydTag holds both workers compensation and public liability insurance policies. If you require a copy of our certificate of currency, please let us know and we’ll be happy to provide it.